Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Hakone Food

One of life's most enjoyable pleasures, food.
After talking about Hakone I have said little about the food. Here is a sample of how our meal at the hotel started off. Of course this is just the appetizer. Shige said that the cost of the meal was supposed to be 11,000 yen.

Of course there was more to the meal. There was a crab doria in the shell that was really good, also a fish 鰆 sawara, spanish mackerel, that was quite tasty.

The next morning this was our breakfast.

I guess since we had such a big breakfast we were good until we got our light lunch at Watanabe's. when we finally made it back down to Odawara we ate at little restaurant, if you can call it that in the station building. They had great yakisoba, something that I was really surprised to be sold but we had gone by the store on the way there and the smell was so good that I was really glad we stoped on the way back. Too bad I didn't take any pictures.

No comments: