Saturday, February 10, 2007

Dangerous Roads

Got a link to a page listing the most dangerous roads in the world and how cool is it that I have been on this one, the road through Taroko Gorge in Taiwan.

Actually this section of the road is rather tame, it is the road leading up to this beautiful area that I remember. Susan, Summer and I went there on a local bus. At one point along the load we were stopped by a landslide, not one that had happened, but one that happened right before our eyes. I remember seeing this huge boulder thundering down the mountain and taking out a tree on it's way down. We amused ourselves on the bus for the next couple of hours playing cards with the bus driver and after they had somewhat cleared the road we were allowed to proceed over very loose gravel and rocks. I think I will never forget that experience.

No comments: