Monday, December 31, 2007

Ann

Yesterday, I thought that I would go to PP for church. I don't think that this is where I will be attending but at least it is a place where I know a few people, even though they may all be my elders. Susan told be I should go to Church at the Crossing in Indy and I think I will end up going there, but on my first Sunday back I felt like I needed something safe so to say. And what a blessing when Ann Smith was the speaker. Simple honest and straight forward.

She started off by talking about the New Year in Japan and the practice of gift giving. So as she prepared she thought about giving gifts. She said that if she could give a gift to everyone, it would be: "The gift of awareness that you are not alone." She then read a number of scriptures that she had picked out from her bible, scriptures that had been underlined by her and Nathan over the years. No explanations just straight truths.

3 points that caught my attention were:
  • We all need people that we can be transparent with.
  • We were not created to be self sufficient.
  • To be heard is so close to being loved that to the average person they are inseparable.

No comments: