Friday, February 29, 2008

Animals of Africa

Grevyi Zebra
Orix and Zebra
Baboon, actually there were a group of these guys that visited our hotel while I was at the pool. I didn't have my camera then and they got chased away and that is when they ran off behind our rooms and started fighting in the trees and ran across the river. Susan was in her room at the time and didn't really want to go out till I got back. The noise is quite chilling, and these same guys had kept our guide awake the night before after they started screaming after hearing a lion in the area.
We probably saw about 100 elephants.
These guys or I should probably say gals, because the guys go rogue when they grow up and are forced out of the herd by their mothers, were in the river bed digging holes in search of water. All the other animals tend to follow them because of this.

No comments: