Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Forgetfulness

This must not be my week for remembering things. I have been waiting for an email with a message that I am supposed to translate and last night I looked on my desk top and saw a word file that was saved there, I wondered what it was so I opened it. Low and behold it was the document I had been waiting for. As I tracked down the email that it had come on I realized that it had come last Tuesday. I think that I came home exhausted after the one day trip, opened my mail but really didn't look at it. But I had downladed the file.

Then this morning it was raining so I rushed around to catch the train, grabbed my umbrella and headed out. Stoped at the convenience store right at the station bought a small snack and then headed into the station. I actually had some time to spare. Got the commuter express and was on my way. I got off at Jiyugaoka and as I was walking down the stairs I thought, "Where's my umbrella?". It was then I realized I had left it in the umbrella stand outside the convenience store. Well the good thing about living in Japan is that it will probably still be there tonight when I get home, that is as long as I remember to look for it.

No comments: