Wednesday, July 08, 2009

150th Anniversary of Protestant Missions in Japan

Tonight I went to the opening worship for the Anniversary of the 150th year of Protestant Missions in Japan. It was interesting, not quite what I had hoped, but at least I can say I took part in a small bit of history in Japan.  There were 4 musical specials a celloist and 3 singers, Kumi Sayuri, Kim Yomi, and Kosaka Chu.  And there were 2 speakers, one from Korea and then Pastor Ogawa who is the chairman of the planning committee of this event.  The most interesting part was the video of the history of missions in Japan, and the testimony from a 101 year old preacher, he was hard to understand but I hope I can be as sharp as him in 50 years.  It wasn't until the second message that there was any congregational singing which was a big disappointment.  Overall I will just say they had a great opportunity here and I think that they could have done just a little better job, but then again they didn't ask me.

No comments: