Tuesday, September 22, 2009

New TV


I have been with out a working TV for about 3 months now, so after contemplating the options I narrowed down what I wanted and decided on the Regza Z8000 the 37 inch model.  And today was the day to go out and buy.  Surprisingly enough I didn't have to room all over Tokyo looking for a good deal I hit the jackpot at Kojima in Hiyoshi.  I thought that I might have to pay as much as ¥188,000.  I certainly didn't want to but that was the last quoted price that I had seen.  Well they had it for ¥138,000 and the best part was that they said that I could get a ¥30,000 discount if I signed up for Hikari fiber.  Now I had already signed up, but they said they would cancel that for me and sign me up with a new plan, so I agreed.  Now I had already made arrangements for NTT to come to my house on the 26th to install the cable.  So I told the staff I want you to see if I can't keep that date.  They called and said they couldn't.  But Mike was very persistent, and didn't want to take no for an answer.  After a long back and forth wit the clerk, I asked him to call NTT again, and tell them he had an unhappy customer on their hands and wanted to have the installation on the day that I desired.  They still wouldn't budge for him, so instead of setting a date for installation with him I said I would rather talk to NTT personally and see what I can do.  Actually it was quite stressful and I figured that since it seems like NTT is putting such a big rush on getting everyone to sign up with them, I would try and get my way.  I tried to tell the guy that the workers are to come anyway on that day if I cancel then they have an opening and why can't they just come then.  I makes sense to me, and the argument isn't over,  I figure they just may get tired of dealing with the noisy foreigner that they may give in,  we'll see. 

No comments: