Saturday, January 01, 2011

New Years in Chiang Mai


Now I can imagine that if we were in downtown Chiang Mai last night that this would have been the view, and that does look like the back of my heard. Anyway the view last night was something that I had never seen before. All around the city people were launching these paper lanterns, it was not from just one location, everywhere you looked in the night sky were the lanterns interspersed with fireworks of all variety. We had 11 of them that we set off in the Armstrong's neighborhood earlier in the evening, and so when it hit midnight we were free to to just enjoy the amazing sight.

This has been a great trip and even though I decided to not take the jaunt into Myanmar. And as I look back I'm glad that I didn't go to Myanmar for at least one reason had i gone I would have missed this great light show last night.

No comments: