Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Soba Meishi


So to make up for my disappointing lunch I remembered this restaurant that I had seen in one of the new malls that opend up near here. So off I went in search of soba meishi, kind of a combination between yaki soba and fried rice. It is a chain out of Kobe and I had eaten at one of their other branches and loved it. Believe it or not it has my least favorite ingredient in it, konyaku or "cement jello", as I like to call it, but it all gets blended in. It was quite the treat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like delicous!
I can't understand you tried it
with Coke. kuma

Anonymous said...

So you actually ate the konyaku??

Mike Wagner said...

Of course I ate the konyaku, probably only because you can't taste it, and I am not one to pick things out of my food.

And Kuma it was delicious and washed down with a coke, it doesn't get any better.