Monday, November 03, 2008

Biking

So it was nice to take a ride out of the city today, but I should have planned better. Or actually I should say I should have planned.  Getting there is not as bad as getting back, the back starts to get tired and there were lots of cars all heading back to Tokyo.  Found a nice little spot though, near the Shibukawa Ikaho interchange there is a michino eki, a glorified rest area, that sells local products.  Behind it there is a small old village called Shirai, it isn't very big but an old stopping place along the road.  A small stream is diverted through the middle of the area, and there were wells along the way.  I am assuming the stream was used for washing clothes and vegetables. It was very interesting even though there wasn't much there. Next time on the way to Minakami I think it might be a good lunch stop.

No comments: