Saturday, November 08, 2008

Royalty

Walked to the doctor today and afterwards I walked to Hiyoshi station. As I approached the station there were police everywhere, then I saw it was the 150th anniversary of Keio university, and obviously someone famous was coming. Well I waited for awhile, but decided to head home. When I got home people were lining the streets, I they had some of the old people out on the street at the nearby day home. I ran and got my video and was able to get a short video as the Emperor and Empress drove by on the way to the ceremonies.

I knew it was big when I saw all the police there were at least 2 at each traffic light, along with several plain clothes police and security people. As they drove by you can here the men in the background saying yabaiin the background. Obviously they were pleased because they drove right by us and the empress I think had her window open waving at people. This is the second opportunity I have had. Pretty cool.

No comments: