Saturday, April 25, 2009

In the News

The last few days the main news has been about a SMAP member Kusanagi Tsuyoshi. There are a couple of things that have surprised me about this whole affair. First it has been like the main news everywhere.  You think they could find something more relevant to talk about. Second was a small surprise. He was found naked and drunk in a park in a very nice area of town in the middle of the night.  Ok strange, but I'm sort of not surprised at that, I mean I have heard stories of friends here who have gotten drunk and wound up in weird situations. Like sleeping in the hall way outside their room door. The thing that surprised me was that after Kusanagi was arrested, his home was searched.  What is that all about.  I'm sure that if it was anyone else that this would have not happened.  Weren't the police going a little far.  Seems like they were looking for drugs.  I didn't realize the police had such leeway here. The last thing that caught my attention was that he had a press conference to apologize for his actions, but come on it was like 30 minutes long and I think they should the whole thing on the news this morning.  And the questions they asked afterwards were a little stupid.  Like, "When do you feel like drinking?".  This one he actually stumbled on.  There was a long pause before he answered and the cameras started flashing away, probably looking for any sign of remorse.  Again I want to say I think there is much more newsworthy news out there, lets see that.

No comments: