Thursday, November 30, 2006

Super Sento

Well a new Super Sento opened up this month not too far from me and just right around the corner from the new IKEA store in Yokohama. It's called Kohoku no Yu, and I thought since I had some free time tonight I should go check it out. There here 7 outdoor baths, the one that is pictured above was the wine bath today, I think that it gets changed on a regular basis to feature some special healing water or something like that.

It is a very nice complex, of course along with the bath there were 2 kinds of saunas, one a traditional one and the other one that you rub salt over your body and sit in stone chairs. It was a rather realxing evening. They have a nice restaurant on the premises and I got a light dinner of "Buta Kimchee Itame" Stir-fried pork and kimchee. It was very nice, and for being so new it wasn't very crowded, which was a little of a surprise.

Next store was a cheap grocery store where I saw bottles of Mt. Dew for ¥48 a bottle. Almost made we want one. They didn't have alot of stuff but what they had seemed to be pretty cheap. I think if I tell the Barton's that I got a ¥105 loaf of bread they just may be jealous.

No comments: