Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas in Tokyo

On the way to the Kodo concert we walked by the light and fountain display in La Qua near Tokyo dome. We only got to see a few minutes of the display where they have the lights and the fountain synced with Christmas music. Then we had to run of to the concert because we were running late, mainly because we got on trains going the wrong way twice. I couldn't believe myself, in all my time here this is one of the only times that I have gotten messed up on the train. Then it happened twice in the same day.

The concert was of course great, and after we went to dinner at Bubba Gumps, it was actually really good. I had the drunken shrimp and sausage served with a spicy sauce over mashed potatoes. Got home feeling stuffed and I think I had what Joey on Friends would have called the "Meat Sweats". I think the apple crisp and the cup of coffee put me over the top. The apple crisp was really good but they served it with some kind of funky sauce that I still don't know what it was but it did help off set the tartness of the apples.

On another subject, Saturday the 23rd was spent playing tennis. Once a year we have a big party and invite the parents and we have a mixed tournament with the students, it was fun, but it left me a little sore. I ran from there to our church Candle service. On the way I found out that one of the people that was to sing a duet had called to say they couldn't make it. So I was asked to fill in, of course they had practiced in a key that was out of my range but we just had to improvise.

I ended up spending the night at a nearby hotel so I didn't have to make the long trek home and back again in the morning. Glad that I did because I got to sleep in till almost 8:00. It was so nice. I wanted to get to another service at my former students church but I was so tired on the way home I just went home and crashed. I did get up the energy to go out and get the last two episodes of "Prison Break" and watch them. Now I can get around to downloading season 2. Yeah!!!

Today I'm at school, Christmas day, and this is the second year straight that I have worked on this holiday. Last year there weren't too many people here but today things are pretty much back to normal and you would never think this day is any different then any other. Maybe next year we can talk someone in closing the school on this day. It would only make sense. But I'm sure that someone would complain.

No comments: