Monday, December 22, 2008

Aiport Live and Sayonara

Today, was Alina's last day in Japan.  I decided to go see her off at the airport.  First I got distracted at Edie Bauer when I stopped to buy a scarf, when I took it to the counter they told me that if I would buy one more thing they would both be half off, so I picked up a shirt.  But all of this made me run to the station and I thought that I was going to have a heart attack.  Headed of to Nippori to catch the skyliner and arrived only to find there had been an accident and there would be no train for and hour and a half.  So it was off to Tokyo to catch the Narita express.  I finally made it and met up with Alina.  We decided to get a quick snack and on the way we ran into this live performance, they were singing Christmas Carols, but we didn't have time to stay and listen.

The time finally arrived and after a quick picture and a big hug it was good-bye. The good thing I've learned after all these years in Japan is that it is never a final good-bye. Our paths will cross, and even though it won't be exactly the same the friendship always stays in the heart. 

God Bless you Alina!

No comments: