Sunday, December 14, 2008

Reign Over Me

On the way home today I thought I'd pick up a DVD since there was no movie listed tonight on TV.  I had almost given up hope of finding anything when this movie caught my eye. It turned out to be "Reign Over Me", I say it that way because of course they didn't have the English title on the box.  Well I am so glad that I picked up up.  It is a rip your heart out and make the tears flow kind of movie.  I was very moved by this one! 
Here is the music video of the song that was used through out the movie by Pear Jam. It is filled with scenes from the movie.



I think this is second movie that has really stirred some very deep emotions in me. After I watched it I headed out to the bath and cried on the way to the bath just thinking about this movie. The other one that had me crying like a baby was "P.S. I Love You". Both of them deal with relationships and loss, and have a way of just reaching into your heart and moving you. Charlie has to deal with his pain in his way, basically he had to do anything to push away the memories. It wasn't until Alan, his old college room mate happens to run into him, and their friendship leads Charlie to the point that he can share the past with Alan, but only with sever consequences. The friend ship that the two develop is something very unique and special. My question is; is there a Charlie or an Alan out there in our lives? We all have stories to tell, and we all need people to tell them to.
See this movie.

No comments: