Saturday, February 07, 2009

Asakusa

I took a quick trip into Asakusa to day to catch an antique show.  Well I wasn't that impressed with the antique show but Asakusa is always full of surprises. 
So if the bull on the roof of the Yakiniku restaurant isn't interesting enough, lets throw a Kabuki actor on the eves of some random shop.
And I don't know want this guy was all about, I didn't bother taking the time to read the sign, but he seemed to be getting his picture taken with a lot of foreigners.
And since the main attraction of the area is Sensoji Temple, you can always find something interesting like this.  He was just a stones throw from the McDonalds and I wanted too much to have the golden arches in the back ground.
After exploring the antique museum, and stopping of at Trunks-Ya, my favorite underwear store, I walked out of the store and almost right into Amol.  How interesting that in a city this size you can still just happen to run into someone you know.

No comments: