Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Rainy Season

Time to break out the umbrellas!

Picture complements of Connie.

I thought that we were going to get all the way through rainy season with very little rain. Last weekend we got hit with a heat wave and I thought for sure this meant the rainy season is over just in time for summer vacation. Well guess again. It has rained almost non stop from Monday. Monday was a holiday but every time I thought that it might have cleared up it would start raining again. I ended up staying home the whole day. About the only thing a got around to doing was watching a few episodes of "The Shield".

Today is the last day of school, but it doesn't seem like summer vacation mode. The tennis club has practice scheduled for all day tomorrow and Saturday, with a tournament on Fri. if the weather clears up. I have asked another teacher to cover for me on Friday so I can take the day to get ready to leave for Florida. I feel like there is no way that I am going to be ready to leave. If I get all my stuff packed I can send it to the airport on Sat. so I don't have to lug it to the airport. I just hope that my wash gets dry with all this rain we are having. This is usually the time of year when underwear sales go up just for this reason, nothing gets dry.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»