Sunday, July 16, 2006

Summer Festival

夏祭りだ!

Today was a joint performance with Asuka, another one of Tanaka sensei's groups. It was held near Gotanda at Hinogakuen an experimental school in Shinagawa. At the same facility there was a community sports center with a three story under ground gym with window on the street level so you could see in.

Today I was on the big drum for two songs and shared a solo with Fuchi san. I guess it went ok but the last song I had no idea what I was doing I couldn't hear the other drumers and had now idea where they were in the song so I just kind of made it up as I went along. Being the foreigner I can get away with being a little bit of a slacker.


After the performance we all went out for a Korean lunch it was very nice, but of course I ate too much. And since it is so hot today I thought my jinbei would be the idal thing to change into, along with my funky wooden sandles which wer a present from Yoko. After lunch Nii chan wanted to go to karaoke so about 6 of us spent about an hour and a half releasing all our strees. One of our new members Okada san jumped right in to the Nagihana spirit with a husy voice and dance moves to the firs song she sang. And we ended the time with "Train, Train" a song that we all knew, I can't for the life of me know why I do though. It was a wild day. I'm home know and I think I'm ready for a nap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»