Monday, January 07, 2008

Sunday Afternoon

Today I decided to go to church in Indy at Church at the Crossing, and I'm glad I did. As I entered the sanctuary I almost ran into the pastor, and old friend, Steve Renick. We both did a double take and I got a big hug. The worship was very nice and was blended with both hymns and choruses that I was familiar with which was a blessing. Susan had told me that it would be a good place to go and that some other old friends attended the 9:30 service. So how nice that after the service I did find Will and Patsy Kline. I got to spend a few minutes talking with them and I think this has helped me decide that even though it may be far I think this is where I am going to attend.

On the way home I decided to swing through Carmel. There was another Dicks that I wanted to go and see if I could find the compression pants that I had been looking for. Sure enough they had them and it seemed this store was a lot nicer than the other branches that I had been too. In fact the the whole complex that it was in was so nice. The area is called Clay Terrace Mall. It is like they have built a little downtown area out in the suburbs. It had a nice feel very conducive to shopping, so naturally I ended up buying more than the pants. Pick up some shoes a wall sconce @ Pier 1, and a sweater at Eddie Bauer. Lunch was at Qdoba, a Mexican fast food place that was really nice. Between Carmel and Anderson is a Nobelsville which is a quaint little town that I have never been to. Below is the county court house. And the square was full of nice little shops, that were still in business. I think I will explore the city some more while I'm back.

No comments: