Monday, October 27, 2008

Signed, Sealed, and Delivered

I ended up staying home today because I was feeling a little under the weather, and with a school trip coming up that I can not miss out on I thought it was best just to stay home and rest.  Well the best thing about the day was that my absentee ballot arrived and so I took the time to fill it out and send it in.

As I did I saw the write in space and I wondered, wouldn't it be interesting if all of American would check this box and write in both candidates? Too be honest I don't think that we have had much to choose from.  Talking with Susan the other day I asked her what she thought of Obama after attending his rally in Indy.  She basically said, that she thought that either one of the men could  do the job, so this year she was choosing her right not to vote.  I thought then, wow if you want to talk about change wouldn't that be interesting if the too opposing teams would join forces and work together for what is best for all the American people.  I was reading an article I think it was from the New York Times that was saying for whoever you vote for there are at least 60% of the population that is going to disagree with who you think is the best for the job.  They had listed quotes of people basically saying that there candidate was the best and you would have to be an idiot to not agree with them.   And this is from both sides.  

So just what if we came up with a system where we choose a candidate from both parties, and then say to them ok whoever gets the most votes it the president, and the other guy will be the vise president.  Work it out!  They would have to sit down and consider both sides of the issues to come to a conclusion.  They would both bring their own strengths and weaknesses and hopefully balance each other out.  I guess that would really be change.  

Well I didn't put my thoughts into action and click the write in box, but who know maybe somewhere out there someone will. 

No comments: