Thursday, October 02, 2008

Stress


I swear this is the way that I felt when I left school today.
Actually the day went fairly well until I was asked to come and help teach the kids some songs to get ready for J Camp at the end of the month. I thought it would be no big deal, the kids were a little off the wall, and the other teachers were not really helping the situation. In fact I felt like I wanted to strangle one of them and tell them to just shut up and leave. I tried to take some initiative but it didn't work when this other teacher just sort of doing whatever he wanted. And he was being cheesy to top things off. I decided to keep my mouth shut and stand off to the side hoping that they would figure out that I was not happy with the way things were going. But obviously they didn't get it. I mentioned something to the head teacher as I tried to flee the scene and not have to deal with the other 2 teachers right away. I will have to talk to them and see try to make them understand that they way things went is not acceptable and that I think that we can do things better. How to do it tactfully is the question that remains to be answered.

No comments: