Friday, August 28, 2009

Turkey Day 15

Headed to Eminonu to take a Bosphorus cruise. We almost got a private tour but we ran into the girls we had met in Cappadocia, they said they were taking the public cruise so I told Shin even though that one was longer let's just do it.

We we relaxed looking at the beautiful buildings. At Yenikoy there were a row of beautiful old wooden houses many with restaurants, very beautiful. Arrived around 12:00 at the last stop before the Black Sea. Grabbeda mackrel sandwich which was much more delicious than the one in Istanbul. Hiked up an old castle with great views of the Black Sea. Hiked bacfk down got something to drink and waited to board the boat back which leaves at 3.

Got good seats on the right side of the upper deck sowe were able to get good pictures with unubstructed views right from our seats.

After getting back we visited the New Mosque and then the Spice Bazaar. I think the Spice Bazaar may be the better shopping place. Need to go again and pick up some more stuff. By the time we got back to the hotel it was after 6, Long but relaxing day.

Wanted to go to the sandwich place we had eaten at the other day but they had closed for the evening. I guess it is just a lunch time thing.

Bought a small watercolor painting on the way back to the hotel, I have had my eye on it for a few days. I think this will probably be my last purchase for me. Shin bought 2 candle holder lamps, 25TL each. I think thses light that we have seen all over the city are beautiful, but at the same time their beauty may be in the sheer number of them, so I'm wondering if just having one is really worth it.

No comments: