Friday, August 28, 2009

Turkey Last Day

Our stuff is all ready to go we had breadfast and a last mad dash for souveigners. Shin wanted a shirt, we ended up walking all the way to the Spice Bazaar but didn't find anything. Took the tram back up to the Bazaar district and found a small store near the hamam where we picked up a shirt for himself and his dad. Back to hotel, thought I wouldn't make it because something is giving me Montezuma's revenge, hope I can hold it off, got a long day ahead. Took a taxi to the airport only 30TL. Had lunch in food court after checking in.

Wandered around the airport then went to Gloria Jeans for coffee. While we were sitting there we saw probably thie funniest thing I've seen in an airport. Suddenly from out of no where a little motorized mini bicycle with training wheels came zipping by. And I mean zipping it went by so fast we almost missed it, and it was making the funiest sound with the trainging clicking onf the tiled floor. Nest to the gate we got here so early but I'd rather be early than late. While sitting at the gate we saw another strange thing there was a group of men dressed in what looked like 2 bath towels one on top and one on the bottom. figured they must be on a pilgrimage because there flight was going to Mecca/Jeddah.

All in all this was a very good trip. Could have shaved off a day or two. If I were to do it agbain I would leave out Konya, and maybe one less night in Istanbul. The other change then would be to fly from Izmir to Cappadocia. I don't have much reflection but I really enjoyed the trip and would love to go again.

No comments: