Saturday, August 22, 2009

Turkey Day 8

Woke up to diarrhea, not a fun way to start off the day, but definitely this was my gift from Konya. Had breakfast, it is supposed to start from 7:00 and again we were the first ones there a little after 7 and it wasn't until 8 before they had everything ready. Ready to leave I decided to get on the Internet and Shin said he was going out to get some money from an ATM. After an hour he still wasn't back and I was starting to get concerned. About a quarter past 9 I decided to walk down the street to see if I could find him. I knew he had wanted to stop at the information center, so I walked there and they said he hadn't been there. I was having visions of him being mugger or something. Went back to the hotel and at about 9:40 he came sauntering back. We had agreed that we would check out and leave by 9:30, thus my concern. He had decided to go for a walk and got a little lost. We had at least a 45 minute trip to the bus station, fortunately it was ok and we got there in plenty of time.

The 3 and a half hour bus ride wasn't so bad except we didn't have a break until almost 2 hours in and by that time my intestines were grumbling. I was glad I was able to hold out, just the Swedish bitters medicine wasn't doing the trick so I took the other medicine I had.

We arrived got checked into our hotel in Goreme, The Sultan Cave Suites, part of the Kelebek Hotel.

They explained the different tours that they offer at the hotel, and the Hamam pkg they offer. We decided to do the 9:00pm Whirling Dervishes tour. We first walked into the village and came back to the hotel for an early dinner, then off to the show.

The show was in an old caravan stopping point along the silk road, a Caravanseri. It wasn't all that exciting but it was good that we went. I think I was more excited about being in this great old building along the Silk Road. No pictures were aloud so the hope is that in Istanbul we may have that chance. Back to the hotel and into bed my 11.

No comments: