Wednesday, January 11, 2006

China Town / Deserts


Actually before I got sick Monday evening we had a really nice day. We started the day out with the hotel bufet breakfast, which was pretty good but could have done a little better on the western fare. Then we headed for a walking tour of china town. We took a tuk-tuk there, you have to barter the fare and it is an interesting ride but the top is so low that about all I could see along the way was the street, car wheels, people from the knee down, and the occasional stray dog.

We tried to do the walking tour laid out in LP Bangkok. It was a little hard to stay on the course they laid out but we came pretty close. Found the Chinese dress beer bottle covers that my friend Kaji had so I picked up a few for gifts, and since the people of the store spoke Mandarin it was no problem communicating.

The final destination of the tour was a shopping center that had a food section that was mainly desert oriented. It all looked really good and I tried what seemed to look like mini taco's, pictured above. They were actually pretty good and the main ingredient was some form of coconut concotion.



This picture is one that Jenny took, just shows you some of the other sweets that were availiable that day. I probably should have tried some other things, but the Dairy Queen kept calling out to me and I got a peanut buster parfait. How can something so simple be so good.



The last picture here is a close up of the same treats, it was just my attempt at a Susan picture. I'm just sure her picture would have turned out much nicer.

No comments: