Friday, January 06, 2006

Longyi: "Men in Skirts"


When my friend Maya Inaba got Married a few years ago I received a gift of 2 longyi. I thought it was quite a hoot and wondered when and if I would ever have the opportunity to wear them. Now you thought carrying a man purse was a big step, how about steping into one of these "man skirts" is a real test. I did take one of my gifts along on the trip but really didn't know how to wear it. Dorothy said that some of the guys would show me how, but it wasn't till Thursday of the trip that we ventured off to Scott market for shopping, and this young gentleman helped me make my first longyi purchase. He really wanted me to buy one and I asked him if he thought I should buy one why wasn't he wearing one? Well he said that yes he does wear one one but he also likes his jeans. So anyway I asked him which one he thought I should buy, the one that he has on is the one he choose for me, which I wasn't really thrilled about so I got a nice one in gold. I said I would just wear it out so I jumped in lost my pants and went the rest of the day in my new "skirt" It was interestng how many comments I got on it. People in the market, the people at the hotel, and once I had it on there was all kinds of advice on how to keep it up. One guy at the hotel even offered me his belt. Of couse I headed any and all advice especially given what is worn or should I say not worn underneath. I'll let you speculate on what was under mine.

No comments: