Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back Home

For whatever reason I never got around to posting the deer pictures I took with Brenda's camera. I couldn't risk going back in the cabin and getting mine because this guy would have bolted. I mean they got spooked from the crunch of me eating my cereal.

Anyway, I arrived home last night and had a relatively good sleep last night. I think almost everyone that was on my flight had an international connection. There wasn't even a line at immigration I was so surprised so getting my bag was the only thing that took any time. Then I had a good connection for the Narita express and then smooth tranfers back home. I was at my apt. by 8pm. Not so bad.

The most interesting thing about the whole trip was how it started. Dieter took me to the Dublin/Pleasanton station and I had about an hour and a half trip from there into the airport with one transfer at Balboa Park. The most frustrating thing was not knowing how to buy a ticket when I got there. When I put in my Debit card it automatically starts you off with a $20 ticket, and doesn't show you how to choose the fare that you want. I went to the ticket window to see if the person in there could help me out, but she just told me the price and there was a sign that said you can not purchase tickets from that person. How stupid is that! Anyway I went back to the machine and thought that I would try cash but for the $7.65 ticket they want you to have the exact amount. So it was back to the debit card and I asked two ladies standing a couple of machines over what I had to do and they told me when the $20 ticket comes up you adjust it by pressing an add or subtract $1 button, and then the same thing with a five cent button. They definitely need a better system.

No comments: