Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Off to the Mountains

Day 1
Arrived early into San Francisco about 9:35 Immigrations and customs were no problems, then it was off to pick up the rental car. There is a shuttle train that goes around to the different terminals and then out to the car rental area. I was really surprised at all the people. Every counter had a long line, luckily it seemed that Budget’s line was the smallest. When I got up to the line the lady commented on the price that I got saying that most people that were renting were paying 3 times the price that I was and they were returning to the same location. She said I had a choice between and Mustang, and a Hyundai SUV. I decided to take the SUV since I was stopping in Sacramento to pick up Dieter’s mom and a friend. It was a good choice, by the time that we got all their stuff in the car we were filled to the rim. The drive to Sacramento wasn’t too bad I was a little tired just after I got out of SF, but after a Starbucks break the rest of the drive wasn’t so bad. After Irene arrived we set off for Redding a good 2 1/2 hour drive further. It was god to have the company in the car to keep me awake. Also even though I had excellent directions it was good to have Christa along to give directions to the cabin. When we got into Redding we stopped into the Black Bear Diner and had a great breakfast dinner. Then it was off for some grocery shopping then on to the cabin. We were greeted at the cabin by 3 deer, and after setting out some food, they were joind by 4 others. We sat on the deck and just enjoyed the cool evening. Finally about 8:30 I gave into the sleep, took a shower and then headed to bed.

Here are some pictures from the 3 days in the Mountains.
Some of the deer that dropped by the cabin everyday.

From left to right

Me, Brenda, Dieter, Irene, and Christa
Need to teach them how to pose.

View from the cabin.

You can see how low the water is, full it is up to the tree line.

Group shot, no need to lean Dieter.

No comments: