Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Back to the Grind

I haven't written anything for awhile so I thought I might just do a quick entry and add a few of my favorite pics from the summer. This years Florida program went very well and we all had a good time. Like I mentioned before it was nice to spend time with Masa, this year he went with us to all the attractions so I had someone to hang around with at all the amusement parks. He graduates this year and I'm sure will be greatly missed at Warner Southern.


While Drew was here I spent all my blog time on the page a created for him. Just in case here is Drew's page I will keep it up awhile longer at least untill I know he has gotten his pictures off of it.

One of the places we visited was Kamakura, actually it was a really nice trip. We took a rickshaw ride, something I have wanted to do for quite a while. It was interesting but a little expensive, although I did get a coupon for a discount on a future ride good for 3 years.

In Kamakura we ate lunch at Yoshimoto's, a little coffee shop/bar. They went out of their way to welcome us and were overly concerned for Drew wondering if he would be able to eat what they put out for us so they gave us some extra food. This place has a set lunch menu and when you come in thats what you get no questions asked, they just start bringing it to you. It's just a bit away from Kamakura station but a little out of the way, but worth the find. The master even did some magic for us.


I highly recommend a rickshaw ride if you ever have the time, Ryo our driver really worked up a sweat. He really seemed to enjoy what he was doing and it was an enjoyable afternoon.


So anyway I say all of this to say, I did have an enjoyable and relaxing summer, but now it is back to the grind. I had a busy weekend before classes started on Monday and maybe that is why I'm a little tired. Ok maybe I should say a lot tired, this month is a busy month with School festival, but we do get one extra day off on the 19th. The last week of the month we don't have classes because we have parent teacher mtgs. So those 3 days even though I have to be in for work I really don't have anything to do. Maybe I can rest up.

No comments: