Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Natsukashii

Sunday waiting for the bus to go to the station on my way to church I spotted these morning glories in full bloom, and they reminded me of home. I sure that it was because we often had this flowers planted and growing arond the back porch at home. In Japanese the feeling I had was "Natsukashii" or feeling reminiscent about something. I guess this is not a very often used word in English but the Japanese just seems to fit the feeling.

This week is a very easy week at school, we have parent teacher conferences going on so the homeroom teachers have a lot on there plate, but for me the only thing on the agenda is club and sitting in a room for one hour and giving students advice on how to improve their English. Yesterday only one student came in during the hour I was on duty. I think that most of the teachers see this as really not being very productive, but the school insists that we do it. The best thing is that for our efforts we get Friday off, yeah!! So I'm taking the opportunity to go to Manza Onsen. I have been to this hot spring once before but probably 10 years ago. Hopefully I will get there early and enjoy a couple of the baths in the area before I get to my hotel. I'm looking forward to being totally relaxed by Saturday.

No comments: