Saturday, September 30, 2006

Manza Hot Spring Pt. 2

This morning I left Manza around 9:00 of course I had to have at least one dip before I left. This is the inside bath, I actually preferred the outdoor bath. The view of the mountain from the outdoor bath was spectacular but there were a couple of other men in the bath so I put off taking any pictures.


From Manza I decided to drive to Kusatsu another famous ski resort and spa. To get there I had to drive over Shirane Mtn. 白根山 there is a large volcanic crater at the top, there was a huge line of people hiking to the top so since I had seen in albeit many years ago I continued the drive and the sights were spectacular.

There was even on place where I could see the snowcapped Japan Alps. Unfortunately it was not at a very good place to stop so I didn't get a picture. This was actually one of the highlights, I really enjoyed the onsen but the beauty of nature on this beautiful day was breath taking. And It was above the tree line so the views were very interesting.



No comments: