Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Matsuri

I'm a little late getting these picures up but on Labor day weekend my drum group spent most of Sunday afternoon playing at a local festival in Jiyugaoa.



This years preformance was well received and we even got to move from this parking lot to the main bus lottery in front of the station. All the ladies have added the spashes of color on the black to reflect the image of Jiyugaoka, a very fashionable area especially for women.


They had the big drum out infront of the station, during this time my teacher had said that after his solo I should join in and do a solo of my own and then we would syncronize at a certain point and finish off together.

Well I didn't hear all of the conversation just the part where I was supposed to join in and finish off together, so as the teacher and our group leader were waiting I just continued to play the base line. Actually I am looking at the leader int this picture and wondering why aren't we doing the ending yet. I found out afterwards they were both waiting for me to jump in with a solo. Oh well it all worked out anyway.

No comments: