Saturday, September 30, 2006

Manza Hot Spring

We had Friday off so I decided to take an onsen run. I left the house at around 9 and I didn't think it would take that long but I got to Manza just before the 3:00 check in time. The last time I was here was a little over 10 years ago when I went with Nerima church people and we had a conference at the Manza Onsen Hotel. Above Manza there is a volcano and alot of the area looks alot like picture below.
I stayed at Manza Tei 万座亭 a really nice hotel just across from the Manza Onsen Hotel that I had stayed at before. Many places won't let you stay by yourself on a weekend but they had a special offer for men traveling alone so I stayed here. You can see that I had a great time relaxing in the bath.

I was able to get a number of shots in the bath with out anyone around, since I was eating alone I finished before most people and headed directly to the bath and just as I had guessed it was empty.


The meal, as usual at a hot spring, was wonderful and of course too much although I ate it all. One of the most interesting items was tempura chrysanthemum. It was just normal tempura, the taste wasn't anything unusual, I thought it might be rather aromatic, oh well. I usually take pictures of the meal but silly me I forgot my camera both meals. Anyway the bath was wonderful and they even had a massage room and it worked out that after my first dip in the bath I had enough time before supper to work in a massage, foot and body. The foot massage was nice even though a little painful at times. In all I was in the bath 5 times; before supper, after supper, at 2am, before breakfast, and after breakfast. Have to get the most for my money. Got more to say and will post later on tonight.

No comments: