Thursday, May 10, 2007

Sunday

We were at the Okinawa Gospel Family Church on Sunday for my birthday, Kenji is again taking pictures.

Akiko sensei asked us to sing a special so Alina and I sang Chris Tomlin's new arrangement of Amazing Grace, My Chains are Gone. For our first attempt at singing together we did pretty good, and the old ladies in the church were asking when we were going to make a CD. Who knows, right. I mean we do have the album art.

And of course at the end of the service they called me up front and Pastor Kinjo prayed for me, they usually pray for all the people that have birthdays that month and being that mine was that day they made sure they did it for me. Actuall part of why i posted this picture is so you can see the new shirt that I bought at Mango House on Kokusai Dori. I had boghten a shirt there last year and went back to see if they had anything interesting. The in the shop recognized me and I ended up buying this shirt with an eisa drummer on the front and the back. I really like it even though I probably paid too much, but what the hey it was my birthday present to myself.

After the service they had a simple meal and at the end they had a birthday pie for me, bananna cream. This was definately a first for me.

They had asked earlier how old I was I am assuming for the candles, but obviously they didn't have enough or there just wasn't enough room on the pie. It was very good.


So I think that about wraps up all my adventures in Okinawa. I can't wait to go back again, I think that it would be a good long weekend escape.

No comments: