Friday, May 22, 2009

Cheeseburger in Paradise, not!


Ok, ever since a picture of a cheeseburger flashed up on my screen saver at school yesterday I had been craving a big juicy cheeseburger. Well Johnny Rocket's is gone, and I didn't want to make a trip out to TGIF or Hard Rock and sit at a table by myself so I thought Wendy's would do.

Well all was well until I noticed a table of girls staring at me.  I had to take a double take to make sure they weren't my students and happily they weren't.  But as I went to find a seat they were still staring and there was suspicious movement behind them.  I knew then there were students hiding from me, since it is strictly forbidden for our students to stop anywhere like this after school.  I walked over to the table and hiding behind this other table of girls were two of our students.  Hiding is an understatement, they had practically rolled themselves up in balls on the floor behind the chairs of the other girls and this was a table up against the wall so there wasn't so much space.  I just said stop being so stupid and go home, and I didn't use polite language so I'm sure the people around them were surprised. I'm sure, "Who is this foreigner scolding these students?", was running through their minds.  

As I sat back down and waited for them to leave, I had my back to them at this point, I realized that my diner had just be ruined.  I hate having to do things like this but it is just part of the job. I just wanted to enjoy a cheeseburger in peace and quiet, I guess that just wasn't to be.

4 comments:

Dave Feucht said...

Just curious, why are they forbidden from going to Wendy's after school?

Mike Wagner said...

Just one of the varied rules, they are to go straight home after school, do not pass go do not collect $200. the only exception is to may a stationary store if they need to pick up some school supplies.
They are also in their school uniform and for what ever reason most schools have this same policy.

Unknown said...

i'm sorry, but it's a stupid rule. it's outdated and controlling ...sorry you had to mess with it.

Mike Wagner said...

stupid or not it's a rule, my biggest problem was that they were groveling on the floor trying to not be found out. They had left all there stuff on their table. How long were they going to go with the ruse.