Sunday, May 24, 2009

Gas Museum

I noticed in the morning paper that there was an exhibition of historic buildings done in wood block print at the Gas Museum in Kodaira, which is on my way home from church so I thought that I would give it a look.  It was just ok, but it was really interesting they have this really nice building in rural Tokyo. Actually there is on more building to the right of this but that picture didn't come out so well.
Any way it was a good chance to get some walking in and to see something in Tokyo that I have never seen before.  The exhibition was on the second floor of this building and in the stair well up to the second floor there was this interesting painting  on the wall.

Another interesting thing they had on display was this gas organ. Pretty interesting, but it would have been so much more interesting if there would have been someone there to play it. As it was I was pretty surprised to see that there was nothing there to prohibit you not to touch and it was obvious that it had been touched, 2 of the foot petals were broken and just sitting there.  And right after I took this picture 2 little girls proceeded to sit down and press on the petals. Sometimes I don't understand.


No comments: