Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Looking for History

After my excursion yesterday I thought that I might explore a little more, but the 80% chance of rain this afternoon made me change my mind. I did get out this morning and rode to Ryokonowatashi.  This is the place where people crossed the Tamagawa, formerly know as Ryokokawa.  I went to the Tokyo side and didn't really find much. Below is a commemorative boat decoration on the current bridge.  I was looking for something that explained this sight but I realized when I got back home that that is on the other side of the river.
This was a small plaque in front of a run down little shed next to the small shrine that is on this sight.
The shrine that stands at this sight.
It was starting to rain so I thought that is enough exploring for the day, but on the way home I made sure to stop and get a picture of this Kura (storage house). I don't think I have ever seen one made with bricks.

No comments: