Friday, May 15, 2009

Kamakura

This was at the entrance of Zeniarai Benten.

This was the path that I took to get to Zeniarai, it certainly has been warn down over many many years, it is solid rock.

Today was a school outing to Kamakura, I only visited one temple, Zeniarai Benten, which is famous for washing your money.  It is said that washing your money here will double it.  People have been doing this here since 1257.  No wonder there were deep ruts in the path.


On the way there I was stopped by a group of  6th graders who asked me if they could interview me. I was very surprised to hear that their foreign teacher had given them this assignment. They were cute, but really had no idea what I said outside of the very strict boundaries of their questions, and even then it was difficult.  The thing that surprised me was that at their age the teachers would feel ok about giving the kids this kind of assignment.

Of course part of the assignment was for them to take a picture with me.  Just as we had finished with one of their cameras a few of our students came buy and I had them take another shot for us.

No comments: